Search no further for the cheapest, closest parking to Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ). With On Air Parking, rates for guaranteed parking start at only $5/day.
Airport parking lots are notorious for never having an open space, especially when you are running late for a flight. Instead, by reserving a parking space with us for $5/day, you get secure, guaranteed parking no more than 8-minutes from ABQ with a free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport and free cancellations.
****Prices start at $5. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
Coupon Code for $2 Off - ABQOnAir
There are three parking options at Albuquerque Sunport – the Parking Garage, Premium Economic Lot, and the Basic Economic Lot. In all three parking lots, the first 10-minutes of parking is free.
The parking garage rates are $2/10-30 minutes, $4/30-min to 1 hour, $5/1-3 hours, $6/3-6 hours, and $12/day. In Premium Economy, the rates are $2/10-30 minutes, $9/30-min to 24 hours, and $12/day. At the Basic Economy Lot, rates are $2/10-30 minutes, $7/30-min to 24 hours, and $7/day.
Handicapped Parking is also available and is free for the first 24 hours. After 24 hours, the rate is $9/day.
As soon as you purchase on our website, you will receive the details of where you are parking right away. Our traveler care team will be able to assist you if there are any delays in regards to your parking reservation.
To provide you with great deals, we negotiate with professionally run parking companies to give you the best possible deals for your parking. Every facility is checked on all measures to ensure your safety and security. We also strive to provide that FREE shuttles are running around the clock, 24/7 for your convenience.
What's the address of your parking lot?
You should receive an email within 10 minutes of your purchase with the parking facility's name and address at which you'll be parking. If it's hard to pull up the address on your GPS or maps, we suggest checking our partner facilities' website (by Googling their name) or calling their number provided in your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
We appreciate you giving us a chance, and know this isn't how you're used to purchasing parking. That's why we offer free cancellations at any time — no questions asked.
Public transportation through Albuquerque is a cheap and reliable option. Several charter companies offer transportation beyond Albuquerque to popular destinations like Santa Fe and Belen. Here is a closer look at these options.
1. Public Bus (ABQ Ride): ABQ Ride offers direct service to the airport. Route 250 (weekdays only) and Route 50 (weekdays and Saturday) both stop at the airport. Route 50 connects ABQ with downtown Albuquerque as well as several stops in between. Route 250 is a Free Downtown – ABQ Express bus. The bus fare is $1.00.
2. NM Rail Runner Express: a train that connects Santa Fe to Albuquerque and Belen. Shuttle service is available between the Sunport and Rail Runner Stations; shuttles are operated by ABQ Ride (Route 50 or Route 250).
3. Shuttle/Charter Companies: several different companies over shuttles or private charters to ABQ and the surrounding areas, including Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Taos Ski Valley, and Espanola. Companies include RoadRuner Shuttle & Charter (505-424-3357), Taos Rides (575-613-3256), Taos Transportation (800-776-1111).
4. Taxis: two taxi companies operate through ABQ – zTrip (formally Yellow Cab Company) (505) 247-8888 and ABQ Green Cab Company (505) 243-6800.
5. Accessible Shuttle Companies/Rentals: A few private companies offer accessible rides to and from Albuquerque Sunport. For more information, visit: https://www.abqsunport.com/ground-transportation/
The convenience of rideshare apps makes them an ever-increasing option for anyone who does not want to take their car to the airport. For an airport like Albuquerque that serves a large area, including many popular tourist destinations, it is an even more appealing option. Here is a look at standard prices.
These prices have been calculated from two different locations to compare with standard costs for public transportation to downtown Albuquerque and the nearby city of Santa Fe.
A Lyft to downtown Albuquerque (roughly 14 minutes) is $12-15 for a Standard and $20-25 for an XL. By comparison, a ride to Santa Fe (roughly 1hr 5 min from the Sunport) would cost $70-77 for a Standard Lyft and $150-165 for an XL.
Uber prices are very similarly priced. A ride to downtown Albuquerque is $12 for UberX and $22 for UberXL. To Santa Fe, an UberX would cost $77-80, and an UberXL would be $150-160.
However, if notoriously high-priced airport parking lots are the reason ride share looks more appealing, it is time to try our off-airport parking option. At a safe lot within minutes of ABQ, we offer the lowest daily rate, with free 24/7 shuttles to/from the airport.
There are three options for airport parking at Albuquerque Sunport. However, because it serves a large area visited by millions each year, parking spaces can be hard to come by. Here is a closer look at the rates for each parking lot.
****In each Lot, the first 10-minutes of parking is free****
1. Parking Garage: a four-level garage adjacent to the terminal. The Garage rates are $2/10-30 minutes, $4/30-min to 1 hour, $5/1-3 hours, $6/3-6 hours, and $12/day.
2. Premium Economy Lot: located north of the garage, Premium Economy offers covered parking within walking distance to the terminal (however, it is not a short walk). The rates are $2/10-30 minutes, $9/30-min to 24 hours, and $12/day.
3. Basic Economy Lot: located east of the garage. The Basic Economic rates are the best for long-term parking at the airport at $2/10-30 minutes, $7/30-min to 24 hours, and $7/day.
4. Handicapped Parking: available in each parking lot. Handicapped Parking is free for 24 hours. After 24 hours, the rate is $9/day.
5. Cell Phone Waiting Lot: free waiting area for drivers picking up passengers. Drivers must remain with their vehicles at all times.
Albuquerque Sunport is a popular airport for both locals and visitors, located in the largest city in New Mexico. As such, thousands of business professionals use the Sunport for travel each year.
If you are one of those people, traveling regularly for work, we recognize that easy travel in and out of the airport is a priority. But airport parking lots are notoriously expensive, whether you have a travel budget with your company or not.
That is why we offer the most affordable, reliable, and convenient parking solution. Reserve a parking space with On Air Parking today and make sure you have one less thing to worry about on your next business trip.
If you are one of the thousands who come in and out of ABQ daily (whether you are heading to famous Las Vegas or the breathtaking sights of the deserts of New Mexico), taking advantage of our off-airport parking saves time, money, and the hassle of finding somewhere safe to leave your car.
We at On Air Parking have done all the work of finding the best deal for you – guaranteed. Meaning you can focus on double-checking that you have packed everything and getting everyone in the car on time without stressing where you'll safely park your vehicle. Our parking rate is as low as $5/day.
****Prices start at $5. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
For any questions about your parking reservation with Albuquerque International Sunport, you may contact our traveler care team at 505- 391-4600 from 9 am to 7 pm ET or email email@example.com. Our corporate office is at 454 Las Gallinas Ave, PMB 2046, San Rafael, CA 94903.
Please contact us with any feedback. Our business is to make your travels as carefree and budget-friendly as possible, so let us know how we're doing!
The Sunport terminal is designed in Pueblo Revival architecture style, in reference to Albuquerque's Tiquex and Hispano heritage.
ABQ got its start in 1929 as two different airports – Oxnard Field and West Mesa Airport (or TWA Airport). In 1939, the two airports became one and were known as Albuquerque Municipal Airport for decades.
The airport's designation as a "Sunport" refers to the fact that Albuquerque experiences 280 days of sun each year.