Affordable and Nearby Off Airport Parking Rates with a 24/7 free shuttle
The search for the cheapest parking near Charleston International Airport (CHS) ends here. With On Air Parking, you'll find the cheapest rates starting at $7/day. And these parking spaces are guaranteed.
Airport parking rates are notoriously expensive, and you always run the risk of encountering an already full parking lot.
For $7/day, you get secure, guaranteed parking no more than 5-minutes from CHS, with a free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport, and free cancellations.
****Prices start at $7. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
How much is parking at Charleston International Airport?
As of 2020, there are two options for parking at Charleston International. The rates for parking in the Hourly Parking Deck are $3/hour or $21/day. The rates at Economy Lots A & B are $5/hour and $11/day. The maximum stay is 30 days at the Economy Lots.
At this time, Valet Parking is temporarily closed.
How Our Off Airport Parking Works
As soon as you purchase on our website, you will receive the details of where you are parking right away. Our traveler care team will be able to assist you if there are any delays in regards to your parking reservation.
To provide you with great deals, we negotiate with professionally run parking companies to give you the best possible deals for your parking. Every facility is checked on all measures to ensure your safety and security. We also strive to provide that FREE shuttles are running around the clock, 24/7 for your convenience.
What's the address of your parking lot?
You should receive an email within 10 minutes of your purchase with the parking facility's name and address at which you'll be parking. If it's hard to pull up the address on your GPS or maps, we suggest checking our partner facilities' website (by Googling their name) or calling their number provided in your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
We appreciate you giving us a chance, and know this isn't how you're used to purchasing parking. That's why we offer free cancellations at any time — no questions asked.
Public transportation is usually a much cheaper option than parking your vehicle at the airport. Because of its popularity as an airport and its distance from downtown Charleston, public transportation to/from CHS is reliable and a great option.
1. Public/Local Buses: Charleston's public bus system, known as CARTA, offers two routes that connect downtown Charleston with the airport. These routes are Route #4 and Route #11. Bus Route #4 (also known as the North Area Shuttle) is an express service to downtown – only two additional stops are made – and the fare is $3.50. Because it is an express bus, the total trip time is only 25-35 minutes. On the other hand, bus Route #11 is a local bus service with several stops between CHS and downtown Charleston. The #11 is $2, and the total trip time is 50-55 minutes.
2. Hotel Courtesy Shuttles: free shuttles to/from select hotels can be reserved. Arrangements must be made directly with the hotels. For a full list of hotels that offer this at CHS, visit: https://www.iflychs.com/HotelShuttle
3. Taxi: Taxis, of course, are available to and from CHS. There is a $15 minimum charge from CHS. A standard trip to downtown Charleston would cost $40-45. A vital tip to keep in mind when considering a taxi: traffic is notoriously backed up in and near the airport, so this may not be the most reliable option.
While there are reasonably priced options for Public Transportation to CHS, the convenience of ride-sharing is hard to beat. Here is a quick look at standard prices.
These prices have been calculated from two different locations to offer insight into standard costs for both North Charleston and Downtown Charleston.
A Lyft ride from CHS to North Charleston (near Charleston Naval Complex) would cost $15-18 for a standard ride and $20-25 for an XL. The ride from CHS to North Charleston takes 14 minutes. By comparison, a trip to downtown Charleston would cost $20-25 for a standard ride and $30-35 for an XL. This trip would take roughly 20 minutes.
Riding with Uber is similarly priced. CHS to North Charleston prices ranges from $16-20 for an UberX and $24-30 for UberXL. CHS to downtown Charleston costs $20-25 for an UberX and $36-40 for an UberXL.
Our On Air Parking deal comes out significantly cheaper and will still provide the convenience, the ease, and the stress-free trip to the airport that we all want. With reserved parking, free cancellation, and free 24/7 shuttles to the airport, our parking deal of $7/day is the way to go.
****Prices start at $7. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
On Airport Parking at Charleston International Airport
There are three options for parking at Charleston Airport. However, as can be expected at a busy airport, the prices are steep for the convenience of their on-airport location. Spaces can also be hard to come by because parking options are limited.
1. Main Garage/Hourly Parking Deck: a short walk to the terminal; this option is best for short-term parking. There are two floors with covered parking and an open-air third floor. The rates for this garage are $3/hour and $21/day.
2. Economy Lots A and B: best options for overnight parking or extended stays. These surface lots are located behind the main garage. Rates for Lots A & B are $5/hour and $11/day. The maximum number of days you can park is 30 days.
3. Valet Parking: TEMPORARILY CLOSED
4. Cell Phone Waiting Area: free temporary lot for pick-up, located on the right side of International Blvd. Guests must remain with their vehicles at all times.
5. Future Projects: at this time, a Daily Parking Deck (multi-level parking) is in the works as part of CHS's ongoing expansion plans. It is not available yet, however.
Corporate/Business Travel: Off Airport Parking near Charleston International Airport
Every year, millions of people travel through South Carolina's busiest airport for business.
If you are one of those people, we know that airport parking lots often steal too much of your time and travel budget. We also recognize that business trips are usually only a few days, so parking your vehicle in a lot that costs $11-21/day can feel excessive, whether your company pays for the fees or not.
That is why we offer the most affordable daily parking rates.
On top of that, our parking deal is guaranteed. Take your mind off searching endlessly for a parking space and focus on prepping for that big meeting by reserving your space with us.
Personal Travel: Off Airport Parking near Charleston International Airport
If you are one of the thousands who come in and out of Charleston International Airport daily, taking advantage of our off-airport parking saves time, money, and the hassle of finding somewhere safe to leave your car. It also makes travel to an airport located several miles outside the city – like CHS – easier and faster.
Whether you are traveling with family or flying solo, reserving your parking space with us means one less thing for you to worry about on your way to the airport – especially if you are traveling from outside Charleston to use this popular airport.
We at On Air Parking have done all the work of finding the best deal for you – guaranteed. Meaning you can focus on remembering everybody's passport, tickets, and getting ready to travel, and not have to worry about finding the cheapest, safest off-airport parking lot.
Need help reserving airport parking near Charleston International Airport?
For any questions about your parking reservation with Charleston Airport, you may contact our traveler care team at 720-262-8412 from 9 am to 7 pm ET or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our corporate office is at 1062 Delaware St., Denver, CO 80204.
Please contact us with any feedback. Our business is to make your travels as carefree and budget-friendly as possible, so let us know how we're doing!
Charleston International Airport Fun Facts
The runways at CHS are owned by the U.S. Air Force and Joint Base Charleston. They are shared with Charleston's public/the county through the longest-running civilian/military joint-use agreement of its kind. This contract was first negotiated in 1952 during the Korean War.
Charleston Airport got its start in 1928 when the Charleston Airport Corporation purchased 700 acres that had belonged to a mining company.
In 2009, Boeing built a significant plant on 265 acres at the airport, where several aircraft have been assembled, including the final assembly of the 787 Dreamliner.