Search no further – the best daily parking deal for Des Moines International Airport is right here. With guaranteed daily parking rates starting at $5/day.
Reservations with On Air Parking include secure, guaranteed parking no more than 5-minutes from DSM, with a free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport and free cancellations, all for just $5/day.
****Prices start at $5.00. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
Coupon Code for $2 Off - PICNIC
Coupon Code for $2 Off - Summer2021
As of the end of the year 2020, there are five parking options at Des Moines Airport. The closest alternatives to the terminal are Hourly Parking, Long-term, and Long-term Premium at rates of free/first 20-min, $1/20-min, or $36/day for Hourly, $1/20-min or $15/day for Long-term, and $1/20-min or $25/day for Long-term Premium.
Parking is also available at two economy lots -- the Blue Lot and the Green Lot. The Blue Lot rates are $2/hour or $6/day, while the Green Lot rates are $2/hour or $10/day. Both lots offer a shuttle service to/from the terminal.
***Red Lot and Grey Lot are temporarily closed***
As soon as you purchase on our website, you will receive the details of where you are parking right away. Our traveler care team will be able to assist you if there are any delays in regards to your parking reservation.
To provide you with great deals, we negotiate with professionally run parking companies to give you the best possible deals for your parking. Every facility is checked on all measures to ensure your safety and security. We also strive to provide that FREE shuttles are running around the clock, 24/7 for your convenience.
What's the address of your parking lot?
You should receive an email within 10 minutes of your purchase with the parking facility's name and address at which you'll be parking. If it's hard to pull up the address on your GPS or maps, we suggest checking our partner facilities' website (by Googling their name) or calling their number provided in your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
We appreciate you giving us a chance, and know this isn't how you're used to purchasing parking. That's why we offer free cancellations at any time — no questions asked.
Public Transportation is usually a much cheaper option than parking your vehicle at the airport. There are several options available at Des Moines International – for access to the city of Des Moines and other cities in Iowa.
1. Public Bus (DART): Route #8 of Des Moines's public bus connects downtown to DSM. Bus fares are $1.75 for a single ride, and the bus runs Monday to Friday (it does not run on weekends). From Bus #8, you can connect to several other bus routes.
2. HIRTA (Heart of Iowa Regional Transit Agency): a public transit service for Central Iowa. HIRTA stops at several towns surrounding Des Moines International Airport, including Boone, Ames, Marion, Pella, and Story, Iowa. Reservations should be made several days in advance. Trips to/from Des Moines cost anywhere from $10 - $25, depending on the pickup location. Visit https://www.hirtapublictransit.com to make a reservation.
3. Interstate Bus Lines: an excellent option for destinations outside Des Moines or Central Iowa. However, it is essential to note that these bus services do not stop directly at the airport. Taxis or rideshare apps can connect drop-off locations with DSM. The bus lines that connect to the city of Des Moines are Greyhound (515-243-1773), Jefferson (888-864-2838), Trailways (515-288-9459), and Windstar Lines (888-494-6378).
4. Paratransit: two companies offer unfixed, supplemental transit at DSM for persons with disabilities: Fraser Medical Services (515-284-1111) and Midwest Ambucare, Inc (515-252-0022).
5. Hotel Courtesy Shuttles: reservations can be made with select hotels for pickup/drop-off at the airport. For a list of hotels that offer this service, visit: https://www.flydsm.com/at-the-airport/ground-transportation/hotel-shuttles
6. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the Baggage Claim exit. The standard fare from DSM to downtown Des Moines, a roughly 5-mile trip, is $15-20. By comparison, a trip to West Des Moines would cost $24-27.
The convenience of rideshare apps has made them increasingly popular as an alternative means of getting to the airport. Here is a quick look at standard prices for DSM from two different starting points.
A Lyft ride from downtown Des Moines to DSM would cost $9-12 for a standard ride and $15-18 for an XL. The ride from downtown to DSM takes 15 minutes. Coming from West Des Moines, 25 minutes from the airport, prices are steeper at $18-21 for a standard ride and $24-28 for an XL.
Riding with Uber is equivalent in cost. Downtown to DSM, the prices range from $11 for an UberX to $16 for UberXL. An Uber from West Des Moines to the airport costs $17 for an UberX and $25 for an UberXL.
Our On Air Parking deal comes out significantly cheaper for anyone coming to the airport from outside of Des Moines while still providing the convenience, ease, and stress-free trip to the airport that we all want.
There are several parking lots available at Des Moines International because it is the main airport for the state of Iowa. However, for this reason, parking spaces can be challenging to find, and some prices are higher for the convenience of their location.
1. Hourly Parking: the closest covered, short-term parking option for the terminal. Rates for Hourly Parking is FREE/first 20-min, $1/additional 20-min, and $36/day.
2. Long-term Parking (and Premium Parking): located across the terminal, these are the best options for more extended stays within walking distance to the airport. Long-term parking rates are $1/20-min or $15/day. If you would like Premium Long-term Parking, the rates are $1/20-min or $25/day.
3. Blue Lot (Economy 2): an economy lot with shuttle parking and rates of $2/hour or $6/day. The best option for long-term parking on-airport property.
4. Green Lot (Economy 3): the second-best option for economy, shuttle parking at DSM., The rates for the Green lot are $2/hour or $10/day.
5. TEMPORARILY CLOSED: Red Lot (Economy 1) and Grey Lot (Economy 4).
6. Cell Phone Parking Lot: a free waiting area for anyone picking up a passenger. Drivers must remain in their vehicles at all times.
Corporate/Business Travel: Off Airport Parking near Des Moines International Airport
Thousands use Des Moines International for business travel every year – coming in and out of the capital of Iowa.
If you are one of these people, we know that airport parking lots often steal too much of your time and travel budget. We also recognize that business trips are usually only a few days, so the most affordable parking deals make the most sense for these quick trips.
That is what On Air Parking provides – guaranteed parking, a stress-free trip to the airport, cheap rates, and the comfort of driving home in your vehicle after a busy work trip.
If you are one of the thousands that come to DSM from all over Iowa, we know that finding the most affordable, safe, convenient parking is a priority. But it is also a task that no one wants to stress over.
That is why the staff at On Air Parking has done the work of finding the best deal for you. We offer guaranteed, reserved parking at the most affordable daily rates.
With On Air Parking, you can arrive at the airport with the confidence that you have a safe parking space waiting for you with easy access to the airport and the best daily rate possible.
For any questions about your parking reservation with Des Moines International, you may contact our traveler care team at (515) 212-7955. Please contact us with any feedback. Our business is to make your travels as carefree and budget-friendly as possible, so let us know how we're doing!
In 2008, a flight was delayed for five hours after a mouse was discovered on board. Officials delayed the flight to inspect the plane for potential damage the mouse may have caused.
The 132nd Wing of the Iowa National Guard is hosted at Des Moines International Airport. DSM is currently transitioning to a "joint base status" with the United States Armed Forces. Sometime in the future, Air Force operations will be located to the west and Army operations to the east of DSM's main gate.