Harrisburg International is the third-largest airport in Pennsylvania and is especially popular for Pennsylvania residents/visitors looking to avoid the overwhelming crowds in PA's main airports. However, it is also a remote airport, meaning on-airport parking can be both limited and costly.
On Air Parking has the solution to that, with the cheapest off-airport daily parking rates, starting at $6/day.
For $6/day, you get secure, guaranteed parking no more than 5-minutes from MDT, with a free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport and free cancellations.
****Prices start at $6.00. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
Coupon Code for $2 Off - MDTOnAir
As of early 2021, there is one main parking option at Harrisburg International because the Long-term Lot is temporarily closed. However, the Parking Garage is still open with hourly rates of $2.20/first 30 minutes, $4.40/1st hour, $2.20/each additional hour, and a temporary daily rate of $12/day. This garage is connected to the terminal by covered walkways, elevators, and a Skybridge.
As soon as you purchase on our website, you will receive the details of where you are parking right away. Our traveler care team will be able to assist you if there are any delays in regards to your parking reservation.
To provide you with great deals, we negotiate with professionally run parking companies to give you the best possible deals for your parking. Every facility is checked on all measures to ensure your safety and security. We also strive to provide that FREE shuttles are running around the clock, 24/7 for your convenience.
What's the address of your parking lot?
You should receive an email within 10 minutes of your purchase with the parking facility's name and address at which you'll be parking. If it's hard to pull up the address on your GPS or maps, we suggest checking our partner facilities' website (by Googling their name) or calling their number provided in your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
We appreciate you giving us a chance, and know this isn't how you're used to purchasing parking. That's why we offer free cancellations at any time — no questions asked.
Because of its location near several cities in Pennsylvania, there are several public transportation options to/from Harrisburg International. Here is a closer look at these options.
1. Taxi: just beyond the rental car counters on the ground floor of the Transportation Center. Good Cabs is the exclusive taxi service for outbound service from MDT (717-234-9000)
2. Amtrak: trains for Amtrak stop at the Middletown Station only two miles from MDT and are within 15 minutes of the downtown Harrisburg Amtrak station. These stations are on the Keystone Line.
3. Public Bus (Capital Area Transit): The CAT provides service to and from Harrisburg International and Middletown, PA on the Route 7 Bus. Service is available Monday to Friday from 6 am – 8 pm and Saturdays from 7 am – 6 pm. Cash Fares are $1.80, and the exact change is expected.
4. Private Buses: several companies provide service to/from MDT, but buses must be pre-arranged. The companies available include Elite Coach, Executive Coach, Cole Transportation, Gettysburg Tours, Yoder Tourways, and more. For a full list with contact information, visit: https://www.flyhia.com/at-the-airport/ground-transportation/
5. Hotel Shuttles: several hotels in the area offer a free shuttle service for their guests. Arrangements must be made ahead of time with your hotel. For a list of hotels that currently offer this service, visit: https://www.flyhia.com/at-the-airport/ground-transportation/
The convenience of rideshare makes them an ever-increasing option for anyone who does not want to take their car to the airport. Rides from MDT with Uber or Lyft are located on the 3rd floor of the parking garage in the "Passenger Pick-up Zone."
The rates below for Uber and Lyft have been calculated from two different locations: coming from Middletown (the town in which the airport is located) and coming from Harrisburg (the city nearest to the airport). A ride from Middletown to MDT takes 9-minutes, and a passage from Harrisburg takes 23-minutes.
An Uber from Middletown to MDT costs $11 for an UberX and $14 for an UberXL. Anyone coming from Harrisburg, an UberX would cost $25, and an UberXL would cost $35.
Lyft prices are roughly the same as Uber prices. From Middletown, a standard Lyft ride would cost $10-12, and an XL ride costs $12-15. The prices from Harrisburg are $24-28 for a standard Lyft and $36-40 for an XL.
At this time, there is one option for parking on-site at Harrisburg Airport, along with a temporary waiting area for pick-up/drop-off.
There is also a Parking Rewards Program available for frequent travelers – XpressPARK – discussed in further detail below.
1. Parking Garage: the closest parking to the terminal with easy access via covered walkways, elevators, and a Skybridge. The garage's hourly rates are $2.20/first 30 minutes, $4.40/1st hour, and $2.20/each additional hour. Because the other parking lot is temporarily closed, the Parking Garage has a temporary daily rate of $12/day.
2. Cell Phone Lot: a temporary waiting area for anyone picking up passengers. Vehicles in the lot must be attended at all times. For access to this lot, follow the blue signs on Terminal Drive.
3. TEMPORARILY CLOSED: at this time, the Long-term Parking Lot is temporarily closed.
4. XpressPARK Program: a program designed for frequent travelers to come in and out of airport parking without waiting in ticket lines. Members receive dedicated parking lanes, ticket-free parking in the garage and long-term lot, automatic payments, and emailed receipts. Note: When the Parking Garage rates were their standard rate of $20/day, then XpressPARK members also received a $15/day discount after 96 hours of parking.
Harrisburg International not only serves the Middletown and Harrisburg areas but is the third-most-popular airport in Pennsylvania. As such, thousands of people travel through it every year for business.
If you are one of those people traveling regularly for work, we recognize that easy travel in and out of the airport is a priority.
That is why we offer the most affordable, reliable, and convenient parking solution. Reserve a parking space with On Air Parking today and make sure you have one less thing to worry about on your next business trip.
If you are one of the thousands who come in and out of MDT daily from all over central and eastern Pennsylvania, then taking advantage of our off-airport parking saves time, money, and the hassle of finding somewhere safe to leave your car.
We at On Air Parking have done all the work of finding the best deal for you – guaranteed. Meaning you can focus on double-checking you have packed everything and getting everyone in the car on time without stressing where you will safely park your vehicle.
For any questions about your parking reservation with Harrisburg International Airport, you may contact our traveler care team at (717) 229-0032 from 9 am to 7 pm ET or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our corporate office is at 454 Las Gallinas Ave, PMB 2046, San Rafael, CA 94903.
Please contact us with any feedback. Our business is to make your travels as carefree and budget-friendly as possible, so let us know how we're doing!
Harrisburg International began in 1898 as an army base for the Signal Corps before the first flights landed at the base in 1918. From then until 1969, it was primarily used for the military before opening to the public in 1969 under the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's ownership.
In 1998, the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority (SARAA) took over ownership of the airport.
Air shows are frequently held at Harrisburg International Airport.