Affordable and Nearby Off Airport Parking Rates with a 24/7 free shuttle
No need to search further for the cheapest, closest parking to Louisville International Airport. With On Air Parking, rates for guaranteed parking start at only $3.95/day.
Airport parking lots are notorious for never having an open space, especially when you are running late for a flight. Instead, by reserving a parking space with us for $3.95/day, you get secure, guaranteed parking no more than 5-minutes from SDF, with a free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport, and free cancellations.
****Prices start at $3.95. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
How much is parking at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport?
As of 2020, Louisville International offers two parking options at the airport – the Parking Garage and the Surface Parking Lot. The Parking Garage rate is $13/day and $78/week, while parking at the Surface Lot costs $9/day and $54/week.
At this time, three lots are temporarily closed: Valet Parking, Credit Card Only Lot, and the Express Shuttle Parking Lot.
What's the address of your parking lot?
You should receive an email within 10 minutes of your purchase with the parking facility's name and address at which you'll be parking. If it's hard to pull up the address on your GPS or maps, we suggest checking out our partner facilities' website (by Googling their name) or calling their number provided in your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
We appreciate you giving us a chance, and know this isn't how you're used to purchasing parking. That's why we offer free cancellations at any time — no questions asked.
Public transportation in and out of SDF is more limited than other airports because it is within city limits, only a 20-minute drive from downtown.
However, the local bus system (TARC) is an excellent option for anyone visiting for a few days who do not want to rent a car. A 7-day unlimited ride pass can be purchased for only $15.
1. TARC Public Bus: buses run every 30 minutes on weekdays and every 1 hour 10 min on weekends. Only one bus route stops at the airport, the 2-Second St Route. This route runs from downtown (Market St), through the University of Louisville, and to the airport, with additional stops along the way. A single-ride fare is $1.75, but the fare has to be paid in cash with exact change. Alternatively, purchasing a MyTARC smartcard for $5 allows you three options for riding the TARC: 1. Unlimited rides for 1-, 7-, or 30-consecutive days; 2. 10-trip "rider pass" for $15; or 3. a "pay as you go" regular card with fares at $1.50.
2. Courtesy Vans: select hotels offer courtesy shuttle vans to-and-from SDF. Reservations should be made with the hotel directly. Making a reservation ahead of time is usually more convenient and reliable. Still, SDF does have a Reservation Center in the lower level of the airport with payphones and numbers to connect you to hotel courtesy vans. For a list of hotels in Louisville that offer shuttles, visit https://www.flylouisville.com/passenger/courtesy-vans/.
3. Taxi: A classic option to and from the airport. Cabs can be hailed at the 'traffic island' at the east end of the airport. The standard fee for a ride from SDF to downtown Louisville is $25-30 without gratuity.
Ride-Sharing apps are becoming an increasingly popular option in getting to and from airports. They are almost always cheaper than taxis while offering the same convenience of door-to-door service. Louisville Airport allows both Lyft and Uber to operate at SDF.
Uber rides in Louisville, on average, are significantly more expensive than Lyft. An Uber from downtown Louisville (near the famous Louisville Slugger Museum) to SDF would cost $30-35 for an UberX and $50-55 for an UberXL. It would take roughly 18 minutes to get to SDF from downtown Louisville.
A ride with Lyft (from the same pick-up point) would cost $15-18 for a Standard Lyft and $28-32 for a Lux.
Our On Air Parking deal comes out significantly cheaper and will still provide the convenience, the ease, and the stress-free trip to the airport that we all want. With reserved parking, free cancellation, and free 24/7 shuttles to the airport, our parking deal of $3.95/day is the way to go
****Prices start at $3.95. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
On Airport Parking at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport
There are several options for parking, both short-term and long-term, at Louisville International. At this time, however, there are three parking lots temporarily closed at SDF. Naturally, this limits the number of spots available within walking distance from the terminal.
1. Parking Garage: This covered parking option offers short-term and long-term parking directly across from the terminal. Rates are $2/0-1 hours, $13/day, and $78/week. It is essential to know that this garage is usually jam-packed, so finding a spot can be tricky. Handicap Parking is also available in this garage.
2. Surface Lot Parking: a more budget-friendly option for more extended stays. This uncovered lot is located near the parking garage and within walking distance of the terminal. Rates are $9/day and $54/week. There are no hourly rates available at this lot.
3. Temporarily Closed Lots: $6/day Express Shuttle Parking Lot, $8/day Credit Card Only Lot, and Valet Parking
4. FREE Parking: Free, short-term parking is offered at the Cell Phone Lot. This is a free waiting area for those who are picking up or dropping off. Follow the orange-and-blue signs from the Departure Level for access to this lot.
Corporate/Business Travel: Off Airport Parking near Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport
A favorite low-fare airport for Kentucky and Southern Indiana residents, Louisville International services hundreds of business professionals every day.
If you are one of those people, we recognize that parking is the last thing you want to be concerned with, especially if you regularly travel for work. That is why we offer the most affordable daily parking rates with guaranteed spots.
Save on your travel expense and save time searching through parking lots by reserving your space with us.
Personal Travel: Off Airport Parking near Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport
If you are one of the thousands that take advantage of SDF's low-fare flights and accessibility from the city of Louisville, our off-airport parking for only $3.95/day will save you time, money, and the stress of missing your flight because you could not find a place to park.
With several of Louisville International's parking lots closed until further notice, our guaranteed parking is a better deal than ever. Avoid last-minute panic because all the airport lots are full. Instead, treat yourself to one less stress before flying by reserving your space with us.
Need help reserving airport parking near Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport?
For any questions about your parking reservation with Louisville Airport, you may contact our traveler care team at 720-262-8412 from 9 am to 7 pm ET or email email@example.com. Our corporate office is at 1062 Delaware St., Denver, CO 80204.
Please contact us with any feedback. Our business is to make your travels as carefree and budget-friendly as possible, so let us know how we are doing!
Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport Fun Facts
Louisville Airport is second in the country in the amount of cargo it handles. They are home to the United Parcel Service (US) International air-sorting hub, so more than 6.5 billion pounds of freight passes through SDF annually.
In 2019, Louisville's city renamed SDF the "Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport" in honor of the famous boxer who was born and raised in Louisville.
Louisville's airport code may seem strange because none of the letters in SDF connect to the airport's name today. The code, SDF, comes from the airport's former name, Standiford Field.