Affordable and Nearby Off Airport Parking Rates with a 24/7 free shuttle
The search for the cheapest parking near Louis Armstrong Airport (MSY) ends here. With On Air Parking, you'll find the cheapest rates starting at $4/day. And these parking spaces are guaranteed.
Airport parking rates are notoriously expensive, and you always run the risk of encountering an already full parking lot.
For $7.99/day, you get secure, guaranteed parking no more than 5-minutes from MSY, with a free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport, and free cancellations.
****Prices start at $7.99. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
How much is parking at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport?
As of 2020, parking rates in the Short-term Garage are free for the first 30-min, $2/additional 30-min, and $22/day. Rates for the Long-term Garage is $4/first half hour, $2/additional 30-min, and $20/day. These two garages are the closest to the terminal. Economy Garage Parking, with free shuttle service to/from the airport, is available for $4/first half hour, $2/additional 30-min, and $12/day. The Surface Lot is temporarily closed at this time.
***Economy Garage Parking only accepts credit card payments***
How Our Off Airport Parking Works
As soon as you purchase on our website, you will receive the details of where you are parking right away. Our traveler care team will be able to assist you if there are any delays in regards to your parking reservation.
To provide you with great deals, we negotiate with professionally run parking companies to give you the best possible deals for your parking. Every facility is checked on all measures to ensure your safety and security. We also strive to provide that FREE shuttles are running around the clock, 24/7 for your convenience.
What's the address of your parking lot?
You should receive an email within 10 minutes of your purchase with the parking facility's name and address at which you'll be parking. If it's hard to pull up the address on your GPS or maps, we suggest checking our partner facilities' website (by Googling their name) or calling their number provided in your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
We appreciate you giving us a chance, and know this isn't how you're used to purchasing parking. That's why we offer free cancellations at any time — no questions asked.
Public transportation is usually a much cheaper option than parking your vehicle at the airport. Because of its popularity as an airport, there are several public transport options to and from MSY.
1. Public/Local Buses: two public bus systems connect MSY with the city of New Orleans and its surrounding neighborhoods: JET (Jefferson Transit Authority) and RTA (Regional Transportation Authority). The Veterans E1 bus with JET travels from MSY to downtown, and its fare is $2. The ride takes approximately 50 minutes. The Airport Express (202) with RTA picks-up at two locations in downtown New Orleans – Elk Place on Cleveland Ave and the Union Passenger Terminal/Bus Bay 2 – and connects to Louis Armstrong Airport. Fare for Airport Express (202) is $1.50.
2. Airport Shuttle New Orleans: shuttle service from the airport to select hotels and other locations throughout New Orleans. Tickets can be purchased on Level 1 Baggage Claim and cost $24 (one-way) and $44 (round-trip). For more information, visit: www.airportshuttleneworleans.com
3. Taxi: Taxis, of course, are available to and from MSY. The standard fee for a ride from downtown to Louis Armstrong Airport ranges from $35-40.
4. Courtesy Shuttles: free shuttles for off-airport parking, hotels, and motels can be found in the Ground Transportation Center outside of Baggage Claim.
While there are many reasonably priced options for Public Transportation to MSY, the convenience of ride-sharing is hard to beat. Here is a quick look at standard prices.
A Lyft ride from downtown New Orleans to Louis Armstrong Airport would cost $32-36 for a standard ride and $36-40 for a luxury ride. The ride from downtown to MSY takes 20 minutes.
Riding with Uber is similarly priced. Downtown to Louis Armstrong Airport prices range from $28 for an Uber Connect and $33 for an UberX.
Our On Air Parking deal comes out significantly cheaper and will still provide the convenience, the ease, and the stress-free trip to the airport that we all want. With reserved parking, free cancellation, and free 24/7 shuttles to the airport, our parking deal of $4/day is the way to go.
****Prices start at $4. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
On Airport Parking at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
There are several parking lots located at Louis Armstrong Airport. However, as can be expected at a busy airport, the prices are steep for the convenience of their on-airport location. For passenger's convenience, MSY's website lists how many spaces are available in each lot at any given time.
1. Short-term Parking Garage: a short walkway from the terminal's ticketing level, parking at this garage is free for the first 30-min. Parking for longer than 30-min costs $2/30-min and $22/day. This garage is the most convenient for quick pick-ups or drop-offs.
2. Long-term Parking Garage: located on the east side of the terminal, the parking garage rates are $4/first 30-min, $2/additional 30-min, and $20/day.
3. Economy Garage Parking: also known as Park MSY Express, this garage is a short shuttle bus ride from the terminal and the best option for longer-term parking at the airport. The rates are $4/first 30-min, $2/additional 30-min, and $12/day.
4. Temporarily Closed: at this time, the Surface Lot adjacent to the terminal is closed.
Corporate/Business Travel: Off Airport Parking near Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
Millions of people travel through Louisiana's busiest airport, the gateway to the famous city of New Orleans, every year for business.
If you are one of those people, we know that airport parking lots often steal too much of your time and travel budget. We also recognize that business trips are usually only a few days, so parking your vehicle in a lot that costs $12-$22/day can feel excessive, whether your company pays for the fees or not.
That is why we offer the most affordable daily parking rates.
On top of that, our parking deal is guaranteed. Take your mind off searching endlessly for a parking space and focus on prepping for that big meeting by reserving your space with us.
Personal Travel: Off Airport Parking near Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
If you are one of the thousands who come in and out of Louis Armstrong Airport daily, taking advantage of our off-airport parking saves time, money, and the hassle of finding somewhere safe to leave your car –especially in a city as busy as New Orleans.
Whether you are traveling with family or flying solo, reserving your parking space with us means one less thing for you to worry about on the way to the airport.
On Air Parking has done all the work of finding the best deal for you – guaranteed. This means you can focus on remembering everybody's passport, tickets, and getting ready to travel, and not have to worry about finding the cheapest, safest off-airport parking lot. It also means your car will be waiting for you when you get back.
Need help reserving airport parking near Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport?
For any questions about your parking reservation with Louis Armstrong Airport, you may contact our traveler care team at 720-262-8412 from 9 am to 7 pm ET or email email@example.com. Our corporate office is at 1062 Delaware St., Denver, CO 80204.
Please contact us with any feedback. Our business is to make your travels as carefree and budget-friendly as possible, so let us know how we're doing!
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport Fun Facts
During the massive destruction of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Louis Armstrong Airport became the country's busiest airport. It played a vital role in evacuating New Orleans residents when over 30,000 evacuees passed through MSY in only three days.
The three-letter code for Louis Armstrong Airport is MSY, which does not match its current name. It stands for Moisant Stock Yards, the land on which the airport was originally constructed.
Louis Armstrong Airport is the 2nd lowest-lying airport in the entire world. It is only 4.5-feet above sea level. The lowest-lying airport in the world is located in the Netherlands and sits at 11-feet below sea level.