Piedmont Triad International Airport is a central hub for air travel in North Carolina for vacationers and locals. Typically, that means expensive parking and the high probability that you won't be able to find a parking space at the airport. On Air Parking has the solution to that, with the cheapest off-airport daily parking rates, starting at $6/day.
For $6/day, you get secure, guaranteed parking no more than 5-minutes from GSO, with a free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport, and free cancellations.
****Prices start at $6.00. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
Coupon Code for $2 Off - GSOOnAir
At this time, there are four options for parking at GSO – Garage Parking, Short-term Parking, Long-term Garage Parking, and Long-term Parking Lots. The Garage, directly across from the terminal, has one rate of $10/day. Short-term Parking is free for up to 2 hours, but spaces are currently limited due to roadway construction.
In the Long-term Garage, the rates are $1/hour for up to seven hours. After seven hours, the rate becomes $10/day. In the Long-term Parking Lots, the hourly rate is the same as the Long-term Garage. After seven hours in this parking lot, though, the rate is $8/day.
Handicapped Parking is available throughout the facility on both levels, including in short-term and long-term lots. Shuttle buses to and from long-term parking are handicap-lift equipped.
As soon as you purchase on our website, you will receive the details of where you are parking right away. Our traveler care team will be able to assist you if there are any delays in regards to your parking reservation.
To provide you with great deals, we negotiate with professionally run parking companies to give you the best possible deals for your parking. Every facility is checked on all measures to ensure your safety and security. We also strive to provide that FREE shuttles are running around the clock, 24/7 for your convenience.
What's the address of your parking lot?
You should receive an email within 10 minutes of your purchase with the parking facility's name and address at which you'll be parking. If it's hard to pull up the address on your GPS or maps, we suggest checking our partner facilities' website (by Googling their name) or calling their number provided in your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
We appreciate you giving us a chance, and know this isn't how you're used to purchasing parking. That's why we offer free cancellations at any time — no questions asked.
There are several options for public transportation to and from Piedmont Triad Airport – including an Airport Express Bus. These options can be much cheaper than parking your vehicle at the airport.
1. Public Bus (PART): PART offers an on-demand express bus to/from the airport, known as PART's Airport Connector. This express bus only operates between Coble Transportation Center and the airport. Tickets can be purchased through PART's TouchPass System. By downloading the App, travelers can buy a $10 Airport Connector Pass. Then, they can call PART at 336-883-7278 to schedule travel dates/times.
2. Archangels Transit: a taxi/van service. For more information, (336) 668-9808 or 1-877-796-LIMO (5466). Pick-ups and drop-offs are located in the terminal building, lower level center.
3. Hotel Courtesy Shuttles: several hotels in the area offer a free shuttle service for their guests. To see if your hotel provides this service and for contact information, visit: https://flyfrompti.com/ground-transportation/
4. Country-wide Transportation Companies: both AMTRAK and Greyhound make stops in Greensboro. However, neither makes stops directly at the airport. Upon arrival at the train or bus station, further transportation arrangements must be made to reach Piedmont Triad Airport.
The convenience of rideshare makes them an ever-increasing option for anyone who does not want to take their vehicle to the airport.
The rates below for Uber and Lyft have been calculated from two different locations: coming from downtown Greensboro and North Greensboro. A ride from downtown Greensboro to GSO takes 17 minutes, and a ride from North Greensboro (near the Greensboro Science Center) takes 13 minutes.
An Uber from downtown Greensboro to GSO costs $18 for UberX and $24 for UberXL. For anyone coming from North Greensboro, an UberX would cost $15, and an UberXL would cost $20.
Lyft prices are roughly the same as Uber's. A standard Lyft ride to/from Downtown would cost $18-21, and an XL ride costs $21-24. North Greensboro prices are $12-15 for a standard Lyft and $18-21 for an XL.
There are four options for parking at Piedmont Triad Airport, including handicapped parking. The parking options offered at GSO are some of the most affordable in North Carolina.
1. Short-term Parking: this lot offers free parking for 2 hours or less. However, spaces are limited at this time due to roadway construction.
2. Garage Parking: the closest parking to the terminal. There is one rate in the Garage -- $10/day.
3. Long-term Garage Parking: the second closest parking to the terminal. The long-term garage offers parking at $1/hour for 7 hours. If you park for 8 hours or longer, the rate becomes $10/day.
4. Long-term Parking Lots: uncovered parking lots located on each side of the garage. They are within walking distance to the terminal, but a free shuttle service is also available 24/7 and is highly recommended. The hourly rate is the same as the Long-term Garage Parking at $1/hour for 7 hours. Parking beyond 8 hours is $8/day.
5. Handicap Parking: available throughout the facility on both levels, including short-term metered and long-term lots. Shuttle buses to and from long-term parking are handicap-lift equipped.
Piedmont Triad International not only serves the Greensboro area but is one of the three major airports in North Carolina. As such, thousands of people travel through it every year for business.
If you are one of those people, traveling regularly for work, we recognize that easy travel in and out of the airport is a priority. But airport parking lots are notoriously expensive, whether you have a travel budget with your company or not.
That is why we offer the most affordable, reliable, and convenient parking solution. Reserve a parking space with On Air Parking today and make sure you have one less thing to worry about on your next business trip.
If you are one of the thousands who come in and out of GSO daily, taking advantage of our off-airport parking saves time, money, and the hassle of finding somewhere safe to leave your car.
We at On Air Parking have done all the work of finding the best deal for you – guaranteed. Meaning you can focus on double-checking you have packed everything and getting everyone in the car on time without stressing where you'll safely park your vehicle.
For any questions about your parking reservation with Piedmont Triad International Airport, you may contact our traveler care team at 336-360-5123 from 9 am to 7 pm ET or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our corporate office is at 454 Las Gallinas Ave, PMB 2046, San Rafael, CA 94903.
Please contact us with any feedback. Our business is to make your travels as carefree and budget-friendly as possible, so let us know how we're doing!
In 1927, Captain Roscoe Turner gave Piedmont Triad Airport its start when he began using a pasture of land eight miles west of Greensboro. This famous racing pilot called the pasture the "best landing field in the South."
In 1935, the airport (then known as Lindley Field) was closed for two years by order of the U.S. Department of Commerce in response to two near-crashes.
In December 2017, a proposal to rename GSO "Central North Carolina International Airport" passed. However, due to public objections, the name change is on hold and has been since January 2018.