The hassle of finding parking at Maine's busiest airport can be solved right here. With guaranteed daily parking rates starting at $4/day, On Air Parking offers the best solution to notoriously pricy airport parking lots.
On Air Parking, reservations include secure, guaranteed parking no more than 5-minutes from PWM, with a free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport and free cancellations, all for just $4/day.
****Prices start at $4. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
Coupon Codes for $2 Off - PWMOnAir
As of the end of the year 2020, there is one option for short-term parking and one option for long-term parking at Portland Jetport. On the first level of the main parking garage, short-term parking rates are free for the first 30-minutes, $1/each additional 30-min, and $48/day. Levels 2-5 of the main parking garage offer long-term parking at a rate of $14/day.
**The two surface lots adjacent to the terminal (the Green and Blue Lots) are temporarily closed**
As soon as you purchase on our website, you will receive the details of where you are parking right away. Our traveler care team will be able to assist you if there are any delays in regards to your parking reservation.
To provide you with great deals, we negotiate with professionally run parking companies to give you the best possible deals for your parking. Every facility is checked on all measures to ensure your safety and security. We also strive to provide that FREE shuttles are running around the clock, 24/7 for your convenience.
What's the address of your parking lot?
You should receive an email within 10 minutes of your purchase with the parking facility's name and address at which you'll be parking. If it's hard to pull up the address on your GPS or maps, we suggest checking our partner facilities' website (by Googling their name) or calling their number provided in your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
We appreciate you giving us a chance, and know this isn't how you're used to purchasing parking. That's why we offer free cancellations at any time — no questions asked.
Public transportation in and out of PWM is more limited than other airports, despite its proximity to Portland. However, there are public buses throughout the city, and several popular transportation companies (Greyhound, Amtrak, etc.) makes stops in Portland.
1. Public Bus: Great Portland Transit District METRO offers one (1) route that connects Portland Jetport with downtown Portland. This route also links to other METRO routes, the South Portland Bus, ZOOM, and Amtrak. Route #5 connects to the Jetport, and the fare is $2. However, schedules are limited, and buses only stop at the jetport occasionally from 12 pm – 9 pm on weekdays and Saturday and from 12 pm – 6 pm on Sundays. Please consult the schedule before booking your flight to not wait at the airport for several hours before a bus arrives. For more specific information and to see if an outgoing bus corresponds with your arrival or departure, visit: https://gpmetro.org/DocumentCenter/View/628/Rte-5-8302020?bidId=
2. Ground Transportation Companies: Amtrak, Concord Coach Lines, Downeaster, and Greyhound all make stops in Portland. However, none of these companies stop directly at the jetport but are ~3 miles from the jetport. The jetport can be reached on the #5 local bus from the Transportation Center on Congress St. These companies are the best option for anyone coming from or going to cities outside Portland.
3. South Portland Bus: there is a separate public bus system running through South Portland. To access the Jetport using the South Portland Bus, take the No. 21, No. 24A, or No. 24B buses and transfer along Congress St or Maine Mall. Then, take the No. 5 METRO route for Portland, which stops directly at the jetport. The fare for South Portland Buses is $2.
4. Taxi: Taxis are available at all times from the jetport. A trip into Portland would likely cost $15-25. For any city or destination outside of Portland, there are flat rates for taxi trips. For a full look at these flat rates, visit: https://portlandjetport.org/sites/default/files/files/Taxi%20Fare%20sheet.pdf
Ride-Sharing companies like Uber and Lyft are becoming increasingly popular options for getting to/from airports. At Portland Jetport, both companies are available and an excellent choice for anyone traveling to PWM from Portland.
Here is a look at standard prices coming to/from both downtown Portland and South Portland.
Uber rates from downtown Portland to PWM, roughly 13 minutes from the airport, are $10 for an UberX and $14 for an UberXL. The ride from South Portland, a 20-minute trip, would cost $15 for an UberX and $20 for an UberXL.
Lyft prices are relatively similar. A standard Lyft to/from downtown would cost $9-12, and an XL ranges from $12-15. The ride to South Portland would cost $12-15 for a Standard and $21-24 for an XL.
For anyone coming from a neighboring city, rideshare prices would likely be significantly higher. Uber and Lyft are best for anyone coming to/from the city of Portland.
Portland Jetport has one main parking garage and two surface lots. At this time, however, the two surface lots are temporarily closed. As a result, parking at the airport and the prices are more limited than usual.
The prices of the five-story Parking Garage vary by level.
1. Parking Garage (Blue Lot Level 1): the short-term parking option, in the garage across from the terminal. Parking on Level 1 is free for the first 30-minutes, then the rates are $1/30-min or $48/day. These spaces are closest to the terminal, but you do not want to park there for more than 5 or 6 hours.
2. Parking Garage (Long-term): Levels 2-5 of the parking garage offers one long-term rate of $14/day. These spaces are also located within easy walking distance to the terminal.
3. Cell Phone Lot: behind the main parking garage, free temporary parking is available in the Cell Phone Lot. This lot is meant to be used for passengers' pick-up only, and drivers must remain with their vehicles at all times.
4. TEMPORARILY CLOSED: The Green and Blue Surface Lots are closed at this time.
PWM serves as the primary airport for the state of Maine, located just a few miles from the famous city of Portland. Several thousands of businessmen and women pass through it each day.
If you are one of those people, we recognize that parking is the last thing you want to be concerned with, especially if you regularly travel for work. That is why we offer the most affordable daily parking rates with guaranteed spots.
With several parking lots at PWM temporarily closed, spaces are even more limited, and our off-airport parking deal is a better option than ever. Save on your travel expense and save time searching through parking lots by reserving your space ahead of time with us.
If you are one of the thousands who come from all over Maine to access PWM, taking advantage of our off-airport parking saves time, money, and the hassle of finding somewhere safe to leave your car.
We at On Air Parking have done all the work of finding the best deal for you – guaranteed. Meaning you can focus on double-checking that you have packed everything and getting everyone in the car on time without stressing where you'll safely park your vehicle. Our parking rate is as low as $4/day.
For any questions about your parking reservation with Portland International Jetport, you may contact our traveler care team at (207) 218-0208 from 9 am to 7 pm ET or email email@example.com. Our corporate office is at 454 Las Gallinas Ave, PMB 2046, San Rafael, CA 94903.
Please contact us with any feedback. Our business is to make your travels as carefree and budget-friendly as possible, so let us know how we're doing!
The airfield got its start as a private airfield in the 1920s built by Dr. Clifford "Kip" Strange on his extensive land. The runways were originally grass runways.
The City of Portland bought the airfield in the mid-1930s at the height of the airport's colorful history when eccentric aviators performed in air shows, and unauthorized dogfights took place on the grounds.
During World War II, Portland Jetport was the base for the Civil Air Patrol. From the jetport, they searched all along the coastal waters for enemy submarines.