No need to search any further for the cheapest, closest parking to Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE). With On Air Parking, rates for guaranteed parking start at only $5/day.
Airport parking lots are notorious for never having an open space, especially when you are running late for a flight. Instead, by reserving a parking space with us for $5/day, you get secure, guaranteed parking no more than 8-minutes from ASE, with a free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport, and free cancellations.
****Prices start at $5. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
Coupon Code for $2 Off - PICNIC
Coupon Code for $2 Off - Summer2021
There are two parking options at Aspen/Pitkin Airport – the Bear Lot and the Elk Lot (Economic Parking). For both lots, the first 30-minutes of parking is free. In the Bear Lot (closest to the terminal), the rates are $2/second 30-min, $2/2nd hour, $6/per hour from the 2nd-12th hours, and $12/day. After the first twelve (12) hours, the rate becomes the daily rate. In the Elk Lot, a short walk from baggage claim, the rates are $1/second 30-min, $1/2nd hour, $6/per hour from the 2nd-12th hours, and the rate becomes the daily rate of $6/day.
As soon as you purchase on our website, you will receive the details of where you are parking right away. Our traveler care team will be able to assist you if there are any delays in regards to your parking reservation.
To provide you with great deals, we negotiate with professionally run parking companies to give you the best possible deals for your parking. Every facility is checked on all measures to ensure your safety and security. We also strive to provide that FREE shuttles are running around the clock, 24/7 for your convenience.
What's the address of your parking lot?
You should receive an email within 10 minutes of your purchase with the parking facility's name and address at which you'll be parking. If it's hard to pull up the address on your GPS or maps, we suggest checking our partner facilities' website (by Googling their name) or calling their number provided in your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
We appreciate you giving us a chance, and know this isn't how you're used to purchasing parking. That's why we offer free cancellations at any time — no questions asked.
Public transportation through Aspen and Snowmass is free for all passengers, making it an excellent and reliable option for getting to and from the airport. There are also several buses beyond Aspen and Snowmass and private ground transportation companies that offer shuttles and tour buses. Here is a closer look at these options.
1. FREE Public Bus: Buses operated by RFTA are free throughout Aspen and Snowmass for all passengers. The Snowmass Village Route stops directly at the airport and connects to downtown Aspen (stops at Rubey Park Transit Center) and Snowmass Village Mall. This bus runs daily from 6 am – 12 am and offers connections to other free buses in Aspen.
2. PAID Public Bus: there are two routes with the RFTA that connects Aspen with popular towns throughout the area, including Glenwood, Carbondale, El Jebel, and Basalt. These bus routes are an excellent option for anyone traveling to a resort/destination outside of Aspen. The VelociRFTA BRT Route offers travel to/from Aspen and Glenwood Springs in just one hour, with buses leaving every 12 minutes. The Roaring Fork Valley Local & Express Route also runs from Aspen to Glenwood, stopping at the airport. The fare for these routes is based on Roaring Fork Valley zones and varies depending on how far you travel. For example, a ride from Aspen to Glenwood Springs (the route's ends) would be $7. For a closer look at fares and bus stops, visit: https://www.rfta.com/fares/
** Cash currently is not accepted on RFTA Buses**
1. Taxi/Shuttles/Limos: there is a long list of private transportation companies that offer their services in the area. For anyone traveling with a large group, or a lot of luggage, these companies are an excellent option. For a full list and contact information, visit: https://www.aspenairport.com/parking-transportation/taxis-shuttles-limos/
The convenience of rideshare makes them an ever-increasing option for anyone who does not want to take their car to the airport. For an airport like Aspen/Pitkin that serves a large area, including many popular tourist destinations, it is an even more appealing option. Here is a look at standard prices.
These prices have been calculated from three different locations to compare with standard costs for public transportation to Aspen, Snowmass Village, and Glenwood Springs.
An Uber ride from ASE to downtown Aspen or Snowmass Village would take roughly 10 – 12 minutes and cost $13 for an UberX and $18 for an UberXL. A ride to/from Glenwood Springs, approximately 47 minutes away, would cost significantly more at $63 for an UberX and $96 for an UberXL. Stops between Aspen and Glenwood Springs would cost somewhere between $30-60.
Lyft is also available to/from ASE, with similar price ranges. The rates for a trip between downtown Aspen or Snowmass Village and ASE would be $12-15 for a Standard and $20-25 for an XL. The ride to/from Glenwood Springs would cost $55-60 for a Standard and $85-93 for an XL.
However, if notoriously high-priced airport parking lots are the reason ride share looks more appealing, it is time to try our off-airport parking option. We offer the lowest daily rate, at a safe lot within 8-minutes of ASE, with free 24/7 shuttles to/from the airport.
There are two options for parking near the terminal of Aspen/Pitkin County Airport. However, because it serves a large area visited by millions each year, parking spaces can be hard to come by.
In each Lot, the first 30-minutes of parking is free, and only credit cards are accepted at the exit kiosks. To pay with cash, you must use the pay stations inside the terminal
1. Bear Lot: the closest parking to the terminal, just a few feet away. After the first 30-minutes, the rates are $2/30-60 minutes, $2/1st-2nd hours, $6/per hour for the 2nd-12th hours and $12/day. If you plan on parking for more than 4 hours, it is cheaper to pay the Bear Lot's daily fee or to park at the Elk Lot. After the first day, the rates are $2/hour and $12/day.
2. Elk Lot (Economic Parking): the best option for long-term parking at Aspen/Pitkin airport. Elk Lot is within the terminal's walking distance. After the first 30-minutes, the rates are $1/30-60 minutes, $1/1st-2nd hours, $6/per hour for the 2nd-12th hours, and $6/day. The rates after the first day are $1/hour and $6/day.
3. Cell Phone Waiting Lot: a free, temporary parking option for pick-ups. This lot is located North of the Elk Lot. Drivers must remain with their vehicles at all times.
Despite its rural location, Aspen/Pitkin Airport is a popular airport in the area, with regular service from major carriers. As such, thousands of business professionals use it each year.
If you are one of those people, traveling regularly for work, we recognize that easy travel in and out of the airport is a priority. But airport parking lots are notoriously expensive, whether you have a travel budget with your company or not.
That is why we offer the most affordable, reliable, and convenient parking solution. Reserve a parking space with On Air Parking today and make sure you have one less thing to worry about on your next business trip.
If you are one of the thousands who come in and out of ASE daily (whether you are heading to the slopes of the famous ski town or not), taking advantage of our off-airport parking saves time, money, and the hassle of finding somewhere safe to leave your car.
We at On Air Parking have done all the work of finding the best deal for you – guaranteed. Meaning you can focus on double-checking that you have packed everything and getting everyone in the car on time without stressing where you'll safely park your vehicle. Our parking rate is as low as $5/day.
****Prices start at $5. Holiday and extra inventory charges may apply****
For any questions about your parking reservation with Aspen/Pitkin County Airport, you may contact our traveler care team at (970) 425-8581 from 9 am to 7 pm ET or email email@example.com. Our corporate office is at 454 Las Gallinas Ave, PMB 2046, San Rafael, CA 94903.
Please contact us with any feedback. Our business is to make your travels as carefree and budget-friendly as possible, so let us know how we're doing!
The original Aspen airport built-in 1946 consisted of a log cabin terminal building and a gravel runway and remained for nearly a decade.
Because of its location among the mountains, Aspen/Pitkin has many unique operating limitations, one of which is an airport operating curfew. Between 11 pm and 7 am local time, no aircraft operations are allowed.
The new terminal, built-in 1976, was 17,500 square feet. It was also the first commercial building to use passive solar heating in the United States.