The holiday season is upon us! That means family time, cozy nights by the fire, baked goods…and scrambling to buy presents! But here’s an idea for you -save some time by grouping your holiday travel and holiday shopping!
If you’re traveling to Orlando this holiday season, we’ve compiled a few local stores you absolutely must check out for your holiday gift needs. You’ll get to explore a new place, avoid the online shopping shipping wait, and best yet -by shopping small you’ll be supporting the local economy and small business owners!
According to Good Crowd, they have “great gifts for everyone in your life: Babies, kids, men, women + everyone in between.” But don’t just take their word for it! Visit the shop in the College Park and see for yourself while browsing their stock of home décor, games and crafts, books and journals, toys, “fun stuff,” and more! The whole shop is brimming with personality and dedicated to creating a fun shopping experience for you. Though If you’re not quite ready for in-person shopping, Good Crowd is offering free curbside pick-up and local delivery.
Whether it’s clothing or housewares, vintage goods are always trendy. And by shopping vintage, you’re making an eco-friendly choice. There are many, many small businesses in Orlando with vintage items, but here is a sampling to get you started:
· The Lovely Boutique Market in the Audubon Park Garden District carries vintage clothing, mid-century furniture, and locally-made goods from various vendors all under one roof.
· Echoes of Retro in Ivanhoe Village has curated vintage collections in various styles: Mid Century, Boho Modern, Hollywood Regency and Rustic Modern.
· Retromended in the Mills50 District is a great option for both men’s and women’s vintage clothing. The shop’s seamstresses often change up their vintage finds a bit to make them more wearable in the modern era.
· If you’re shopping for a hippie-at-heart, The Owl’s Attic in the Audubon Park District is owned by two “pickers” and specializes in pieces from the 60s and 70s.
Paper Goat Post
If cute greeting cards, wrapping paper, and holiday party supplies are what you’re after, pay a visit to Paper Goat Post in Ivanhoe Village. You can also pick up fun stocking stuffers like stationary at this shop.
Orlando International Airport
Of course, if your hectic holiday has you rushing straight from the plane to a family gathering, you won’t have time to browse through the boutiques in downtown Orlando. Don’t worry, the Orlando Airport has you covered! This massive airport has a ton of options, but here are a few of the great shops you’ll find inside:
· Naturally Inspired has eco-friendly gift items made of all-natural and re-purposed materials.
· Many of the stores inside the airport are a far cry from small businesses, but still good options for last minute gifts, especially if you’re shopping for kids. The Orlando Airport has a Universal gift shop, a Disney gift shop, and a Sea World gift shop.
Looking for Orlando Parking?