The holiday season is upon us! That means family time, cozy nights by the fire, baked goods…and scrambling to buy presents! But here’s an idea for you -save some time by grouping your holiday travel and holiday shopping!
If you’re traveling to Salt Lake City this holiday season, we’ve compiled a few local stores you absolutely must check out for your holiday gift needs. You’ll get to explore a new place, avoid the online shopping shipping wait, and best yet -by shopping small you’ll be supporting the local economy and small business owners!
Craft fairs and holiday markets are a fun, festive way to support local artists and artisans, and Salt Lake City has a wealth of them! Check out some highlights below:
Note that capacity limits, mask rules, and social distancing will be in effect at holiday markets.
· The Winter Farmer’s Market at the Gateway has a special Holiday Art & Craft market on December weekends.
· Craft Sabbath has an alternative punk-rock twist, where makers will be selling whimsical wares at The Hearten House.
A lot of markets have moved online due to COVID-19, but since they’re local, you shouldn’t have a long shipping wait!
· Virtual Hanukkah Market, hosted by the Jewish Community Center, will have Hanukkah essentials, gifts, and books.
· Christkindlmarkt SLC, the traditional German holiday market, has moved online. It’s also partnered with Navajo Strong, and is accepting donations of COVID-19 kits to provide resources to the Navajo community. Check their website for more information.
Salt & Honey
This is your one-stop shop for finding holiday gifts. Salt & Honey is run by two female entrepreneurs, and carries a huge assortment of gift items. You’ll be able to find nice things for everyone on your list among their selection of art prints, books and stationery, kitchenware, home décor, bath and beauty products, apparel, accessories for people and pets, jewelry, and toys! What’s more, you’ll be helping to support local makers. Salt & Honey says, “We love small” and their products are all sourced from local vendors.
Salt Lake City International Airport
Of course, if your hectic holiday has you rushing straight from the plane to a family gathering, you won’t have time to browse through the boutiques in downtown Salt Lake City. Don’t worry, the Salt Lake City Airport has you covered! This massive airport has a ton of options, but here are a few of the great shops you’ll find inside:
· Giftology, on Concourse A, carries a curated selection of locally made gifts inspired by the heritage and traditions of the city.
· Hip & Humble, in Terminal Plaza, is a fun boutique with products like purses and home goods.
· The King’s English Bookshop, a local bookstore, has a small stand inside both the KSL Newsstand on Concourse A and the Trip Advisor store in Terminal Plaza.
· Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, in Terminal Plaza, is a perfect place to stock up on sweet stocking stuffers like boxed chocolates and fudge.
Looking for Salt Lake City Airport Parking?