The holiday season is upon us! That means family time, cozy nights by the fire, baked goods…and scrambling to buy presents! But here’s an idea for you -save some time by grouping your holiday travel and holiday shopping!
If you’re traveling to Dallas this holiday season, we’ve compiled a few local stores you absolutely must check out for your holiday gift needs. You’ll get to explore a new place, avoid the online shopping shipping wait, and best yet -by shopping small you’ll be supporting the local economy and small business owners!
Jade & Clover
This gift shop has a “curated AF” selection of gifts and accessories, but where Jade & Clover really shines is with their houseplant selection. And shopping for plants at Jade & Clover is anything but boring. They have a Plant Bar that’s “like Build-a-Bear, but with plants,” where you can design a beautiful terrarium full of succulents.
Sweets and Treats
One of the most comforting part of the holidays is, of course, the food. And for the person who has everything already, you can’t go wrong with gifting something delectable for them to eat! Here are some great small businesses where you can find just that -and, they’re all Latinx-owned so that you can give back to this community whose culture influences so much of the North Texas area.
· If you need to satisfy someone with a serious sweet tooth, go to CocoAndré. Founded by master truffle-creator Andrea Pedraza and run by her and her daughter, the shop produces chocolates that blend traditional European techniques with modern Mexican flavors.
· Croissant Queen Maricsa Trejo has been supplying Dallas-area coffee shops with pastries for a while and now you can get some of her to-die-for baked goods at her and her partner’s brick-and-mortar shop, La Casita Bakeshop. Make sure you pick up some Cruffins, her special croissant-muffin hybrid.
· Does the foodie on your shopping list like to experiment in the kitchen? Then putting together a gift basket of spices, teas, peppers, salts, herbs, and chiles is in order! You can find all that at The Natural Spot in the Bishop Arts section of Dallas.
Talulah & HESS
This boutique has a selection of all kinds of gifts. You can find clothing, accessories, books, and home goods all with a creative and unexpected twist. Talulah & HESS also stocks prints with artwork from local designers. One thing to note is that they don’t give refunds -but they do offer free gift-wrapping if you’re looking to save some time!
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Of course, if your hectic holiday has you rushing straight from the plane to a family gathering, you won’t have time to browse through the boutiques in downtown Dallas. Don’t worry, the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport has you covered! Here are a few of the shops you’ll find inside:
· If you’re shopping for a sports lover, be sure to visit the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop in Terminal A or Emmitt Smith Sports in Terminal C.
· If you’re shopping for a clothing lover, Ertekin Fashions in Terminal A has European designs for both men and women.