The holiday season is upon us! That means family time, cozy nights by the fire, baked goods…and scrambling to buy presents! But here’s an idea for you -save some time by grouping your holiday travel and holiday shopping!
If you’re traveling to Seattle this holiday season, we’ve compiled a few local stores you absolutely must check out for your holiday gift needs. You’ll get to explore a new place, avoid the online shopping shipping wait, and best yet -by shopping small you’ll be supporting the local economy and small business owners!
LUCCA Great Finds
Located on Ballard Avenue since 2001, LUCCA Great Finds is a boutique with many charming gifts available. LUCCA carries home goods, candles, chocolate and tea, jewelry, journals, small-batch body care products, and even fun curiosities like framed insects and Tarot cards. You can also check out their handmade paper, ribbon, stickers, and stationary to get your gift wrapping and holiday card-sending done!
Use your dollars to help sustain tribes native to the Pacific Northwest by shopping at one of Seattle’s native-owned business. A great one for gift shopping is Indian Summer in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, which carries affordable vintage clothing and accessories in daring styles.
CONSTELLATION & Co.
Sometimes, you’d rather express your love through a card rather than a gift. When that’s the case, CONSTELLATION & Co. has you covered. This woman-owned-and-operated letterpress greeting card company sells beautifully designed cards with thoughtful, people-centric messages. The shop also carries a small selection of gift items like apparel and home décor if you want to pair a card with a present. The brick-and-mortar location is currently closed, but you can still shop online, and your shipping wait won’t be long since you’re shopping locally!
The Handmade Showroom
Support local artists by shopping the curated selection of gifts at The Handmade Showroom. The gallery carries items made by “independent artists, designers, and small-batch creative companies” from both the Pacific Northwest and across the United States.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
Of course, if your hectic holiday has you rushing straight from the plane to a family gathering, you won’t have time to browse through the boutiques in downtown Seattle. Don’t worry, the Seattle-Tacoma Airport is here to help! This massive airport has a ton of options, but here are a few of the great shops you’ll find inside:
· Sacred Circle Gift Shop sells handmade jewelry and art by local and inland tribes, with the mission of supporting the nonprofit United Indians of all Tribes Foundation.
· Dilletante Chocolates was founded by a 3rd-generation Seattle chocolatier and carries beautifully packaged chocolates.
· Fireworks: Celebrating Art in Life showcases work from more than 300 talented Seattle-area artists.
· Made in Washington carries specialty foods and crafts by local artisans.
· Lady Yum sells “macarons & mischief,” the latter no doubt referring to their locally made wines and champagnes.
· Seattle Made carries a variety of locally made products to “support a diverse ecosystem of urban manufacturers”
Looking for Seattle Airport Parking?