There are currently three vaccines that have been approved for emergency use by the US government—Pfizer/BioTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson. Depending on what region of the country you live in will determine which brand will be available to you.
If you are considering receiving the vaccine, it is advised that you look around for a distribution center and make an appointment. Many of the centers that are administering the vaccine do require patients to have an appointment ahead of time.
Places To Receive The Vaccine
When looking to receive the COVID vaccine, you can contact the local public health department to set up an appointment.
Jefferson County Department of Health
1400 Sixth Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233
Hours: Monday – Friday 745am to 430pm
There are several locations available in Birmingham to receive the COVID vaccination. Most all the sites will require you to contact them ahead of time and secure an appointment. These sites include:
· UAB Medicine – offering vaccinations at four convenient locations: Hoover Metropolitan Stadium, UAB Hospital – Highlands, Parker High School, and AOH Cathedral of the Cross.
· Legion Field – no appointments necessary and open daily 10 am – 6 pm
· Winn Dixie – the locations of Montevallo Road and Pinson stores are participating in the vaccination program. To book an appointment, check out this website.
· Walmart – all area stores
· Sam’s Club Stores – all area stores
· CVS – many locations across the state
· Mainstreet Family Care – offering vaccinations by appointment at their clinics throughout the state.
There are several hospitals in the Birmingham area that are offering the COVID vaccine. It is suggested that you contact them ahead of time to secure an appointment.
· Ascension Health (St. Vincent’s)
· Brookwood Baptist Health
· Children’s of Alabama
· Grandview Medical Center
Looking for Birmingham Airport Parking?