There are currently three vaccines that have been approved for emergency use by the US government—Pfizer/BioTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson. Depending on what region of the country you live in will determine which brand will be available to you.
It you are considering receiving the vaccine, it is advised that you look around for a distribution center, and make an appointment. Many of the centers that are administering the vaccine to require patients to have an appointment ahead of time.
Places To Receive The Vaccine
In the state of Georgia, there are two brands of the vaccine being offered—one from Pfizer and one from Moderna. If you are wanting to receive a vaccination, it is advised that you check the two state of Georgia appointment websites first.
· The Georgia Public Health Department
· My Vaccine Georgia – which is overseen by the Georgia Department of Emergency Management
If you have a family physician or a clinic that you use for appointments such as health checkups, check the website for the practice. Many are offering their patients appointments as well.
A FEMA-approved vaccine administering site will be open and taking appointments at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium from March 24th – May 19th. The site will be conducted by the Department of Health. The stadium will be able to offer 6,000 vaccines each day, which includes appointments for evenings and weekends.
As of March 25th, those Georgia residents that are eligible for COVID vaccine include:
· All Georgia residents 16 and older
· Healthcare workers
· Residents as well as staff of health care facilities
· Those adults age 55 and older
· Law enforcement, firefighters, and first responders
· Educators and teaching staff
· Those adults that have intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as their caregivers
· Parents whose children have complex medical conditions making them high risk for complications due to COVID
· Those individuals with disabilities
If you are seeking more information on eligibility, you may find more information from the Georgia Department of Health website.
Looking for Atlanta Airport Parking?