Everyone’s favorite summer holiday is quickly approaching! Nothing says July 4th like BBQs, pool days, parades, and fireworks! But with the country beginning to emerge from the worst of it, some celebrations are returning in the area. Read on to see what’s happening around Salt Lake City this Independence Day and gather up some ideas for your Fourth of July weekend.
A laid-back day barbequing with family and friends is one of the best ways to spend the Fourth of July, and if you’re looking for a public park to host a BBQ, you may as well stay on-brand with the theme of the holiday and go to Liberty Park. There are picnic facilities and grills perfect for hosting your event. Plus, there are plenty of fun things to do at the park for the whole family, such as:
· A children’s amusement park and a playground to keep the little ones entertained.
· Paddleboat rentals
· Walking and running trails, plus a “fitness trail”, where you can burn off the calories from those hot dogs
· Wildlife viewing (it’s a nature preserve)
· A swimming pool
Go to a Rodeo
Western Stampede is an annual rodeo that’s riding back into town July 1st through 3rd. Each night from 7 to 10 the rodeo is on at West Jordan Rodeo Arena with events like steer wrestling, team roping, bull riding, barrel racing, and more. Plus, there are fun Independence Day activities around the rodeo hours to celebrate the holiday weekend!
· Carnival: All three days from noon to 11 pm at Veteran’s Memorial Park, you can purchase tickets to rides individually or get a $20 wristband for unlimited rides.
· Grand Parade: Have some good old-fashioned fun watching the parade along Redwood Road, beginning at 10:30 am on Saturday.
· Fireworks: After the rodeo, head to Veteran’s Memorial Park for a firework show beginning at 10:15 pm.
Stadium of Fire
Ready to get your adrenaline pumping? Stadium of Fire is a no-holds-barred event thrown for Independence Day by America’s Freedom Festival and this year is its 40th anniversary. The event includes thrilling performances like a motocross show by motorcycle stunt team Nitro Circus, an F-35 jet flyover from Hill Air Force Base, and skydivers. Stadium of Fire will also have a concert portion, headlined by country star Lee Greenwood, who is best known for his hit, “God Bless the U.S.A.” and other artists, including country singer Collin Raye and the Millennial Choirs and Orchestras. The whole thing will be followed by a truly epic firework show – it’s the biggest stadium firework show in the USA! It’s all happening at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Saturday, July 3rd at 8 pm.
Cowabunga Bay Water Park
There’s nothing better on a sweltering July day that cooling off in the pool! So, head to Cowabunga Bay Water Park in nearby Draper, Utah to cool off this holiday. The park has attractions to please everyone, like slides, a beach, a lazy river, a kids’ cove, and cabana rentals.
Looking for Salt Lake City Airport Parking?